Founded in 1997, CapTech Ventures is a private midsized consulting firm that designs and builds information systems. The driving force behind our success is the close relationships that we develop with our clients, getting to know their businesses and the vision that guides them. In 2004, we received the Impact Award of the Greater Richmond Chamber of Commerce for its achievements in growth, economic impact and community support. Our newest honor was winning the Customer Engagement 2012 AMCF Consulting Project of the Year. Over the years, we have been recognized by Ernst and Young, Association for Corporate Growth (ACG), Greater Richmond Partnership, United Way, RichTech and numerous other organizations for our steady growth and positive impact on the communities it serves. We are expanding our client base both geographically and across industry lines and are recruiting, retaining and nourishing a highly skilled workforce.
CapTech is a Microsoft Gold Certified Partner in Portals and Collaboration Competency (SharePoint). Less than one percent of all Microsoft Partners have a Gold Competency.
At CapTech, we strive to balance intense, mission-critical consulting with fun and camaraderie. In addition to regular corporate functions and events, we support softball, baseball, biking and running teams. Managers also organize smaller outings for their functional teams such as Segway tours, a deep sea fishing trip and cooking classes. We also have a long history of supporting philanthropic and economic development activities. We greatly prefer to promote from within and provide many training and development opportunities to help our people grow their skills across the board. Our company founders and executive team are easily accessible within our open communication environment because we value employee ideas and input, and our collaborative team-centered work methods help us build off of each others' success.
Additional benefits of CapTech include:
* Competitive salary with performance based bonus opportunities
* Single and Family Health Insurance plans, including Dental coverage
* Short-Term disability
* Long-Term disability
* Company provided life insurance plus option to purchase additional for self and family
* Long - Term care Insurance
* Matching 401(k)
* Flexible spending accounts for health and dependent care costs
* Option for company paid cell phone plan or personal cell phone plan reimbursement
* Paid Time Off with no required allocation for holidays, sick days, etc.
* Training opportunities through vast internal training programs including CapTech University
* Training and Certifications eligible for expense reimbursement (highly encouraged)
* Education reimbursement option
* Team building and social activities
* Mentor program to help you develop your career
* Collaborative work environment allowing you to learn from your peers
* The best deserves the best - CapTech consultants utilize cutting edge hardware and software to provide our clients with worry free solutions
If you are a well-rounded and innovative SharePoint Architect looking for fun and challenging IT work beyond dull maintenance projects, join our cutting-edge team at CapTech! We are seeking a self-motivated and cooperative IT SharePoint Architect who will configure, develop, deploy, and support customized intranet, client-facing web sites, and applications utilizing Microsoft SharePoint 2010 and Microsoft Office SharePoint Server (MOSS) 2007 and third party components.
As a SharePoint Architect with CapTech, you will work in a collaborative environment in which knowledge is shared within and between teams. You will lead the design process, best practices, and oversee the entire software development lifecycle.
Additional responsibilities of the SharePoint Architect include:
* Develop project technology strategy by understanding key client objectives; diagnosing and mapping client requirements; articulating solution risks and barriers; recommending project approaches; proper upgrade paths, preparing time and cost estimates; planning full project life cycle.
* Design and document system architecture including Out Of The Box (OOTB) and custom components.
* Manage and lead teams of developers and administrators to implement the target architecture by building components and custom designs, prototyping the system, and conducting any required data migration while maintaining technical integrity and consistency.
* Design, develop, and maintain custom components (master pages, workflows, user controls, web parts and server-side code, InfoPath forms etc.) for corporate intranet web sites and client portals deployed to SharePoint 2010, SharePoint Foundation 2010, MOSS 2007, and WSS 3.0 environments.
* Develop custom applications in support of enterprise projects utilizing SharePoint in a way that leverages the use of OOTB SharePoint features and functionality.
* Design and develop OOTB workflows and custom workflows using SharePoint Designer, Microsoft Visio 2010, or Visual Studio.
* Understand the farm configuration, architecture, and installation of Application Services such as Search, Excel, PerformancePoint, Managed Metadata, Business Connectivity, User Profile etc.
* Understand core SharePoint information architecture constructs such as Master Pages, content types, site columns, lists, templates, page layouts, metadata etc.
* Lead and facilitate the development of proper information architecture for proper metadata tagging and search optimization.
* Gather and document business and functional objectives.
* Work with Business Analysts to design and develop capabilities that meet business requirements.
* Examine requirements documents and create technical designs, unit tests, system tests, and implementation plans for projects.
* Maintain current industry knowledge of development concepts, best practices, and procedures for SharePoint solutions.
As a SharePoint Architect with CapTech, you must possess superb communication, consulting and time management skills as well as strong analytical skills. Our ideal SharePoint Architect is a cooperative thought leader who is an asset in a team environment, can wear many different hats and strikes a strong balance between SharePoint development skills and business acumen. You must also be able to present technical ideas and high-level concepts and solutions to business stakeholders and work independently in a fast-paced environment with constantly changing demands.
Additional requirements for the SharePoint Architect include:
* Experience with SharePoint 2010 and MOSS 2007 OOTB features and interaction between SharePoint and IIS is required.
* Experience with SharePoint Designer, WSS, InfoPath, Visio, and workflow creation is required.
* Experience with .NET Framework 3.5, C#, and ASP.NET is required.
* Experience with Visual Studio 2012/2010 is required.
* Experience with Microsoft Office 2010 and 2007 is required.
* Capability to review event logs to conduct troubleshooting is required.
* Experience with PowerShell is required.
* Experience with Team Foundation Server 2010/2008 is a plus.
* Experience with industry accepted design patterns (e.g. dependency injection, Inversion of Control) and best practices is a plus.
* Must have a firm understanding of the platform differences between MOSS 2007 and SharePoint 2010 and be able to concisely recommend viable migration options based on existing SharePoint environments.
* Ability to demonstrate strong team interaction, time management, consulting and communication (oral and written) skills, ability to multi-task with minimum supervision.
* Ability to share ideas through blogging, technical writing, and within a local community is a plus.
* Candidates must be open to travel.
* Must be able to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment with constantly changing demands.
* BS Degree in Computer Science o